[CMake] Trying to compile cmake with local copy of ncurses library

Sohail Shafii sohailshafii at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 17:25:14 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am currently on a machine that I do not have admin access to. As such, I have to install my libraries locally inside of my home directory, which I did do for ncurses (since I like to use ccmake).

Now when I run the bootstrap program for cmake, it does not complain about ncurses being missing (my ld library path file helps out in this regard). However, when I try to compile it, I get the the following error:

[ 49%] Building C object Source/CursesDialog/form/CMakeFiles/cmForm.dir/fld_arg.c.o
In file included from /home/***/src/cmake-2.8.8/Source/CursesDialog/form/form.priv.h:34,
                 from /home/***/src/cmake-2.8.8/Source/CursesDialog/form/fld_arg.c:33:
/home/***/src/cmake-2.8.8/Source/CursesDialog/form/form.h:46:31: error: ncurses/ncurses.h: No such file or directory

This is unusual to me because in the CmakeCache text file I see the exact location of the file listed for the CURSES_HAVE_NCURSES_CURSES_H:FILEPATH variable.

Anyway, I've never encountered this problem before because I've always installed the ncurses library in /usr/local/ using admin rights.  As the above error message would indicate, I am using cmake-2.8.8. I have installed ncurses-5.9.  I tried ncurses-5.8 but I got the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Sohail