[CMake] Cpack and output file naming

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 02:36:35 EDT 2012

2012/6/15 Kim Kryger <kimberly.kryger at gmail.com>:
> If you do this, you probably will also have to use this line as well:
>
> set( CPACK_TEMPORARY_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME
> ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/_CPack_Packages/win32/NSIS/${CPACK_OUTPUT_FILE_NAME} )
>
> Referenced in this bug.
>
> I encountered this today, and CPack can generate the executable, but like
> the bug says, CPack won't be able to copy it back into the binary folder.

setting "CPACK_OUTPUT_FILE_NAME" is not supposed to work, this var is
a CPack internal var ((read-only from the user point of view).

setting "CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME" should work.

that said I'm currently working on a more flexible way to control package names
for CPack see bug #12997,

This would give "full control" of package naming to the user including
for multi-file
component package case. There is already half a dozen bug report that concerns
CPack package naming limitation.

Unfortunately this won't be ready for 2.8.9, this is already too late
for such a change.
Any remark suggestion for those "CPack package naming scheme" should be done
on the tracker, I'll try to take any remark into account.

If you are really concerned by the cpack package naming problems please vote
for #12997 resolution when the time comes.

Usually right after a CMake release kitware guys send an e-mail asking for
"most wanted feature/bug fix" in the next release.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org