[CMake] Skip(ped) test with CTest?

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Jun 8 11:39:02 EDT 2012

Hi David,
thanks for your answer and the bug tracker link. I don't have any new
arguments besides that the arguments and use cases stated in the bug
tracker apply to our use case, too.

I see it like a poor man's code coverage. Once I forgot to enable MPI
support in autotools and it reported 47 tests passed, 1 skipped. I
cannot memorize the absolute number of tests for every program but the
mentioned skipped tests made me investigate which test was skipped.
After reconfiguring all 48 tests passed and I was sure, my MPI related
change did no harm. If the skipped test was reported as passed, I
actually would falsely assume all tests passed.

As already stated in the bug tracker, I would report skipped tests as
"not run" and leave CDash as it is. Only CTest needs changes, so no "can
of worms" to be opened.

Thanks for your answer,
Christoph

--
People who are more than casually interested in computers should have
at least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like. Otherwise