[CMake] Recommended Multilib Build Approach?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Sat Jul 28 11:48:16 EDT 2012

On Thursday 21 June 2012, Gregory Peele ARA/CFD wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to be able to build 32-bit and 64-bit from the same GCC multilib
> install (currently for MinGW-w64, though this also applies for Linux/Mac
> GCC and LLVM).   To clarify, I want to be able to do two completely
> separate builds in separate binary dirs - building fat binaries from
> multiple architectures in the same binary dir is a separate problem I'm
> also interested in for Android, but I'm not worrying about that yet.
>
> What is the "proper" approach to building the non-default arch in a
> multilib setup?  Obviously using CMake as-is will build the default arch
> just fine.

I think there are no recommendations yet. I'm not aware that somebody else
already tried to do this.

Can the executables built for the non-default architecture be executed on the
hopst where you are building ?
If so, there should be a way :-)
If not, this sounds like somewhat like crosscompiling.

Alex