[CMake] Disabling C for C++-only projects

Johannes Zarl johannes.zarl at jku.at
Thu Jul 26 09:31:47 EDT 2012

On Wednesday 25 July 2012 22:20:55 Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:06:27 PM Johannes Zarl wrote:
> > I'm wondering if this counts as a bug in FindQt4 and FindKDE, because
> > after all these two projects are C++, so any platform test should IMO be
> > using the same compiler as the build-process does?
>
> This has already been fixed in FindQt4 since CMake 2.8.6.

...using cmake 2.8.9-rc1 from debian.

But I'm absolutely fine with Alexander's statement that this is a (very low
priority) bug. This means that my understanding of
CheckSymbolExists and CheckCXXSymbolExists is not totally wrong and that it is
basically ok to make a project without the C language being enabled.

Sorry about the noise ;-)

Cheers,
  Johannes