[CMake] How to install external project

Martin Vymazal martin.vymazal at vki.ac.be
Mon Jul 16 07:44:00 EDT 2012

Hello,

 I'm sorry but I don't understand what 'target' you're talking about. I only
define the name of the target executable, but the library name blas_LINUX.a is
defined by the Makefile of blas.

I forgot to paste the 2 last lines of my CMakeLists.txt. The whole thing looks
like this:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
project(OpenBlasTest)

include(ExternalProject)
ExternalProject_Add(Blas
   SOURCE_DIR ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/contrib/blas
   BUILD_IN_SOURCE 1
   CONFIGURE_COMMAND ""
   BUILD_COMMAND make
   INSTALL_DIR ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/install
   CMAKE_ARGS -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/install
)

add_executable(test blas_test.cpp)
target_link_libraries(test ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/install/blas_LINUX.a)

Martin Vymazal