[CMake] Two toolchains simultaneously within the same project?

Ingolf Steinbach ingolf.steinbach at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 16:40:13 EDT 2012

Hi,

is it possible to use two different toolchains within the same
project? This is what I want to achieve:

Most of the project uses a cross-compilation toolchain, so I'd call
cmake with the appropriate CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE settings for the cross
compiler.

There is however one subdirectory which contains tools to be used on
the host machine. I'd like to keep this subdirectory within the
project (as these tools directly belong to the project) but would like
cmake to use the native compiler instead -- ideally without having to
explicitly call cmake again in that subdirectory.

Kind regards
Ingolf