[CMake] New version of FindGit.cmake compatible with FindSubversion.cmake

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Jul 12 10:29:15 EDT 2012

On 12 July 2012 14:24, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
<jchris.fillionr at kitware.com> wrote:
> I also think contributing this module back to CMake would be great.

+1

> This has been discuss on the list [1], few things need to be fixed and as
> discussed documentation updated.

Thanks for pointing that.

> The module could also probably be split into: FindGit.cmake and
> GitInfo.cmake (or similar name)

I agree, I just didn't want to make my request too bold.
The FindSubversion.cmake has also contributed to the general mess and
lack of unification across modules, so I assumed FindGit.cmake in current
shape would be accepted.

> First, we could improve the module within Slicer :) [2], then, when we are
> all happy with it, I believe the module could probably be contributed back
> to CMake [3].

Or, just improve it, submit to CMake and tell the Slicer folks here is
new version,
if you like, use it.

Best regards,