[CMake] New version of FindGit.cmake compatible with FindSubversion.cmake

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Jul 11 19:42:41 EDT 2012

On 12 July 2012 00:24, Aashish Chaudhary <aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hi Mateusz,
>
> I don't have both files in front of me. Whats the difference between
> the one in the slicer and once in the CMake?

CMake's current version [1] defines:

 #   GIT_EXECUTABLE - path to git command line client
#   GIT_FOUND - true if the command line client was found
#   GIT_VERSION_STRING - the version of git found (since CMake 2.8.8)

Slicer's version [2] defines:

# The module defines the following variables:
#   GIT_EXECUTABLE - path to git command line client
#   GIT_FOUND - true if the command line client was found
#
# If the command line client executable is found the macro
#  GIT_WC_INFO(<dir> <var-prefix>)
# is defined to extract information of a git working copy at
# a given location.
#
# The macro defines the following variables:
#  <var-prefix>_WC_REVISION_HASH - Current SHA1 hash
#  <var-prefix>_WC_REVISION - Current SHA1 hash
#  <var-prefix>_WC_REVISION_NAME - Name associated with
<var-prefix>_WC_REVISION_HASH
#  <var-prefix>_WC_URL - output of command `git config --get remote.origin.url'
#  <var-prefix>_WC_ROOT - Same value as working copy URL
#  <var-prefix>_WC_GITSVN - Set to false
#
# ... and also the following ones if it's a git-svn repository:
#  <var-prefix>_WC_GITSVN - Set to True if it is a
#  <var-prefix>_WC_INFO - output of command `git svn info'
#  <var-prefix>_WC_URL - url of the associated SVN repository
#  <var-prefix>_WC_ROOT - root url of the associated SVN repository
#  <var-prefix>_WC_REVISION - current SVN revision number
#  <var-prefix>_WC_LAST_CHANGED_AUTHOR - author of last commit
#  <var-prefix>_WC_LAST_CHANGED_DATE - date of last commit
#  <var-prefix>_WC_LAST_CHANGED_REV - revision of last commit
#  <var-prefix>_WC_LAST_CHANGED_LOG - last log of base revision

[1] http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Modules/FindGit.cmake;h=f89d1afa3713629b240803f9cb868dfe070771d5;hb=HEAD
[2] https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer/blob/master/CMake/FindGit.cmake

Best regards,