[CMake] All right all you CMake test writers....

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Wed Jul 11 11:09:40 EDT 2012

Hi Kent,

Given the fact the parameter -R accepts a regular expression, you could use
the "^" and "$" associated with regular expression.

In your case, running:

    ctest -R ^Foo$

will only execute test matching "Foo" where as running

  ctest -R Foo

will execute tests having the string Foo within their names.

Hth
Jc

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Kent Williams
<nkwmailinglists at gmail.com>wrote:

> Here's something I find really annoying:  Someone who names tests such
> that the name of one is a prefix of the name of another!  So if you do
> this:
>
> ctest -V -R <testname>
>
> You get every test whose name begins with <testname>.
>
> Just had to vent.
> --

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

+1 919 869 8849