[CMake] How can I mimic a second CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY for the tests?

Ateljevich, Eli eli at water.ca.gov
Mon Jul 9 21:35:20 EDT 2012

My source and tests are stored separately in a quasi-parallel arrangement:
/proj
  /build
    /bin       # CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY
   /mod1      # Build directory
   /mod2
    /test
        /mod1
        /mod2
    /src          # source
         /mod1
         /mod2
    /test         # source for tests
         /mod1
         /mod2

When I build the tests, I would like the tests to either go in /proj/build/testbin or stay where the object files are, same as they would if CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY had never been set. Is there any simple way to do this for the /test part of the directory tree, or do I have to set the RUNTIME_OUTOUT_DIRECTORY property all over the place?

There are enough test and non-test executables that this is painful either way.

Thanks,
Eli