[CMake] NSIS invalid temporary directory

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 18:32:12 EDT 2012

2012/7/8 Roland Schulz <roland at utk.edu>:
> Hi,
>
> trying to create a NSIS package I get:
> CPack Error: Problem creating temporary directory:
> D:/rschulz/gromacs/msvc2010/_CPack_Packages/win64/NSIS/Gromacs-4.6-dev-win64/C:/Program
> Files/Gromacs
>
> This is with set(CPACK_SET_DESTDIR "ON") with both cmake 2.8.7 and 2.8.8

You CANNOT use CPACK_SET_DESTDIR safely on Windows.
You'll get a warning message in 2.8.9 and I personnally think that
this should became an error sooner or later.

Using CPACK_SET_DESTDIR with NSIS is usually a mistake
or a misunderstanding.

> What does one need to do to use CPACK_SET_DESTDIR  with NSIS so that
> the temporary directory doesn't contain the drive letter (e.g. "C:")
> which makes it (as far as I know) an invalid path.

What is the goal of your usage of CPACK_SET_DESTDIR with NSIS in the
first place?

Setting CPACK_SET_DESTDIR to ON 'manually'
is seldom needed and is now handled internally & automatically by some
generators for necessary
case like installing absolute destination file with RPM or DEB.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org