[CMake] set ranlib/ar in toolchain file

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 13:56:28 EDT 2012

2012/7/5 Yngve Inntjore Levinsen <yngve.levinsen at gmail.com>:
> Hi Eike and Eric,
>
> That was an incredible wild guess, you were spot on.

No so wild in fact I did grep around in the CMake source to guess.
And my own cross-compiled projects do not use Fortran (only C and C++).

> Changing the title to
> PROJECT(<project> C CXX Fortran)
> instead of having Fortran first in the list solved it. Now both toolchain files
> work.
>
> Why is that though? Something buggy with the Fortran part in cmake?

Good question, I don't really know but
CMakeDetermineFortranCompiler.cmake

does not contains any reference to  _CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX
whereas

CMakeDetermine[C|CXX|ASM]Compiler.cmake
do.

I'm not familiar with the Fortran support of CMake but in any case
I think it's worth a bug report and people knowing more than me about
Fortran & CMake will probable sort this out approriately.

If you have a litte more time it would be nice to file this bug report
refering to this ML thread.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org