[CMake] Downgrade CMake

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Jul 5 06:39:56 EDT 2012

Don't just start by deleting CMakeCache.txt. Delete the entire build
tree and start with a clean/empty build tree when you first configure
with CMake.

Again: what problem did you encounter that required you to "downgrade" CMake?

If you're not sure what the problem really is, I would recommend
trying to stick with 2.8.8 or later and working through the problems
encountered one at a time by giving us more details here.

We strive to be 100% backwards compatible, and it's usually the case
that "upgrading" CMake versions is the right direction to be traveling
in. I'd like to make sure that whatever issue you're trying to avoid
is addressed moving forward.

Thanks,
David