[CMake] cmake 2.6 and 2.8 find different fortran compilers with MPI?

Ateljevich, Eli eli at water.ca.gov
Mon Jul 2 17:20:34 EDT 2012

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me get a consistent Fortran build out of 2.6 and 2.8.8. I am using CMake 2.6 and 2.8, trying to come up with a compatible build. I had to rob some items from 2.8 to find things like MPI correctly and I have set the policies such that I believe they both use the same FindMPI.cmake.

For some reason, my 2.6 installation "magically" found the Intel compiler ifort. I never did a set(CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER). Version 2.8.8 does not do this and defaults to gfortran. The later FindMPI finds an Intel wrapper, not the gfortran version.

Was this a bug fix or policy change?

1.        If this is a policy,  can I manipulate it to make the two builds compatible

2.       What can I do about making the compiler and FindMPI consistent in general,

Thanks very much,
Eli