[CMake] 'Parallel' CMakeLists.txt?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Jan 31 11:04:51 EST 2012

On 1/31/2012 10:55 AM, Nicolas Desprès wrote:

> Brad,
>
> All these considerations are important but maybe we could just do
> first the easy path which is: add a -f option which change the default
> name every where, for all sub-directories, try_compile, etc...

Changing for try_compile is going to be a nightmare of sorts...  There
are modules like this:

CheckFortran.cmake:  file(WRITE
"${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/CMakeFiles/CheckFortran/CMakeLists.txt"

FindSDL_sound.cmake:   FILE(WRITE
${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/CMakeTmp/CMakeLists.txt

Basically, the concern is this will be hard to test and likely to break
complex projects, and will end up being a half implemented feature.

-Bill