[CMake] runtime dependencies for tests

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Tue Jan 31 09:44:17 EST 2012

Hi Alessio,

You could either use a "forwarded" launcher is it's done in paraview.
See Applications/ParaView/CMakeLists.txt<http://paraview.org/gitweb?p=ParaView.git;a=blob;f=Applications/ParaView/CMakeLists.txt;h=d7850949dbddf218d1a908605748aa0580d5db68;hb=HEAD#l49>,
CMake/pv-forward.c.in<http://paraview.org/gitweb?p=ParaView.git;a=blob;f=CMake/pv-forward.c.in;h=d58cf8f8908f6981803ebbbeb0839b6a903e6a6d;hb=HEAD>,
add_executable_with_forwarding<http://paraview.org/gitweb?p=ParaView.git;a=blob;f=CMake/ParaViewMacros.cmake;h=59f330bc4eab48c5602095b40967e16da4221e80;hb=HEAD#l103>

Or you could also use the CTKAppLauncher. See
http://www.commontk.org/index.php/Tools:_Application_launcher.

See also how the CTK app launcher is integrated in Slicer:
https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer/blob/master/Applications/SlicerQT/CMakeLists.txt#L206

Hth
Jc

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Massaro Alessio <
Alessio.Massaro at mediobanca.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi There
>
> I googled near and far, but could not find a way to tell CTest where to
> find the 3rd-party DLLs required to run the test executables.
> In particular my executable targets link with a few Boost DLLs/SOs and
> obviously require them to run.
>
> I understand on the Linux/Solaris I can use RPATH support in CMake.
> But I can't find a way to do it on my primary target platform, WIN32-msvc9.
>
> I've already tried several variants of calling configure_file in a
> function the following way:
>
>       configure_file("${some_dbg_boost_dll_file}"
> "${CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_DEBUG}" COPYONLY)
>
> I'm open to all sorts of solutions: copy DLLs in place, set the PATH
> environment variable, ... anything!
>
> I just need a pointer to show me some way to do it.
>
> Thank you in advance!
> --

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

+1 919 869 8849