[CMake] Compile flag issues and VS Express

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 09:02:29 EST 2012

Folks,

I'm using VS 2010 Express.

When ever I build a VTK or ITK related app I get errors regarding
virtual memory and warnings about deprecated compiler flags:
use 'EHsc' instead of 'GX'

I always have to remove the /Zm1000 flag and add the /EHsc flag.

I assumed this was do to something screwed up in my installation.

Doing a web search for this issue, I found several other people having
similar issues. Try this search:
visual studio express 2010 /zm1000

At Second Life,
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Microsoft_Windows_Builds they advise
editing the Windows-cl.cmake file to solve the problem.

Is there a reason this cannot be fixed in cmake?

Bill