[CMake] targets permissions not set

Broes De Cat broes.decat at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 05:07:23 EST 2012

Just upgraded to ubuntu 11.10 (clean install) and cmake 2.8.7.
Now, on make install, all files just receive OWNER_READ and OWNER_WRITE
permissions, no matter what is specified in the cmakelists.

For example
install (TARGETS idp-bin DESTINATION bin PERMISSIONS OWNER_READ OWNER_WRITE
OWNER_EXECUTE GROUP_READ GROUP_EXECUTE WORLD_READ WORLD_EXECUTE)
seems to be treated as if
install (TARGETS idp-bin DESTINATION bin PERMISSIONS OWNER_READ OWNER_WRITE)

I'm completely at a loss what might be causing this (bug in 2.8.7, ...?),
it works perfectly on our other configurations.

One thing that seems to work for targets is setting the version of the
target. This does not seems to be documented anywhere. (it suggests that
our approach is not the preferred approach, but it should work anyway).

So 2 questions: why is this failing and what is the preferred way to
install targets (and additional script files) with correct permissions?

--
kind regards
Broes De Cat