[CMake] CMake + NSIS on windows

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 17:01:11 EST 2012

2012/1/25 Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:
> On 1/25/2012 9:28 AM, Andrea Crotti wrote:
>>
>> Since I still don't get CMake + NSIS running on Linux, I was trying to
>> build my software
>> on Windows...
>

> CMake and NSIS has never been ported to work on Linux, so no surprise there.

In fact there is.
It works for me when NSIS package  cross-compiled win32 binaries
or even in the stupid not usable case of packaging Linux binaries
in a Windows NSIS installer.

The only interesting case (I think) is the cross-compiled one.
I use NSIS from Debian repo.
You can try for yourself with the CERTI project specified here:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2011-December/048157.html

The fact is I did not manage to understand WHY it doesn't work for Andrea,
because I'm simply not able to reproduce the problem, see:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2012-January/048548.html

Andrea is not alone trying this:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2011-December/048123.html
but Hendrik in the end manage to do it... but even if I
know  HOW it make it work:
His last (private) message was:
"I solved my NSIS CPack problems. Now I use mingw and nsis from Suse
Build Service and all is working fine."
I don't know the origin of the error in the first place.

The "apparent" error at that time was again "not set CPACK_TOPLEVEL_DIRECTORY":
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2011-December/048165.html
but I am not able to reproduce such error and reading the code get me
no-where either.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org