[CMake] CMake still broken post-2.8.1

Phil Smith phil at voltage.com
Wed Jan 25 10:53:20 EST 2012

>We've also provided other approaches elsewhere in this thread to
>avoid the problem altogether by setting up your toolchain file to
>skip compiler id detection.

OK, I'm willing to do that, but I can't figure out how to do so.

It seems like:

SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER   "regina.exe" "cc.rex dcc.exe")
SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER "regina.exe" "cc.rex dcxx.exe")

need to change to

SET(CMAKE_FORCE_C_COMPILER   <something>)
SET(CMAKE_FORCE_CXX_COMPILER <something>)

but I've tried various <something>s with no luck. I suspect this is complicated by the fact that my "compiler" is a multi-token invocation (regina.exe cc.rex dcc.exe). I tried:

SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER   "regina.exe cc.rex dcc.exe" Dignus)
SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER "regina.exe cc.rex dcxx.exe" Dignus

and
SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER   "regina.exe" "cc.rex dcc.exe" Dignus)
SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER "regina.exe" "cc.rex dcxx.exe" Dignus)

I'm out of ideas, but it sounds like we're on a path to resolution?!