[CMake] CMake + NSIS on windows

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 09:28:35 EST 2012

Since I still don't get CMake + NSIS running on Linux, I was trying to
build my software
on Windows...

I installed CMake and NSIS and all my CMake actually does is to create
an installer:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)
project(try_out)
install(
   # is this automatically the source dir??
   DIRECTORY one two
   DESTINATION test_ddest
   COMPONENT dirs
   )
include(CPack)

 From my understanding I first need to run CMake which actually creates all
the files which can be also read from cpack.
Now the problem is that it complains the my C compiler is not set correctly.

But why does it care in the first place?
I mean there are no instructions there which might imply that it needs
to compile
something, so why should it be set?

Thanks,
Andrea