[CMake] cpack -G NSIS

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 16:51:59 EST 2012

2012/1/22 Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com>:
> So yes this was with your try-out example, actually I can try to dig a
> little bit myself, the problem
> is that with gdb I need to have the debug symbols, thus recompiling in debug
> mode.
>
> But nowhere in the Readme or around the code I found a way to do it (it
> would be very nice to add maybe somewhere)..

This may be found here:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables#Compilers_and_Tools

The ML archive contains an answer as well:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2009-April/028730.html

KDE dev has some info too:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/CMake/Addons_for_KDE#Buildtypes

May be it would be interesting to add a FAQ entry in order to make it
easier to find.

However, compiling a CMake enabled project (thus including CMake
itself when you do not 'bootstrap')
in debug mode is always done the same way:

set(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Debug)

(or set the same var on the cmake command line).

You may also try this script:
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/file_download.php?file_id=4161&type=bug
which enables you to download and compile a debug version of CMake
automatically if you already have a previous cmake version installed.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org