[CMake] CMake still broken post-2.8.1

Phil Smith phil at voltage.com
Fri Jan 20 09:42:50 EST 2012

Still no answer to these questions?

-----Original Message-----
From: cmake-bounces at cmake.org [mailto:cmake-bounces at cmake.org] On Behalf Of Phil Smith
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 1:29 PM
To: Brad King
Cc: cmake at cmake.org; Bill at public.kitware.com; Hoffman; Janet Graff
Subject: Re: [CMake] CMake still broken post-2.8.1

I'm back to this. I never got (or never understood!) an answer to this part of the thread, which is where the breakage occurred:
----------
If I comment out line 29 in CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake, it works with my old toolchain file, but fails later with the new one, because it appears to call "the compiler" without the "flags", and regina with no arguments produces Help and exits.

Why are the semicolons being inserted? If I wanted semicolons between the parameters, why wouldn't I just specify them?

Brad, your comment in the thread says:
>Teach compiler identification to support values such as
>  export CC='gcc -g -O2'
>by separating the arguments on spaces.

Not sure what "on spaces" means, but again, it seems wrong to me that anything is messing with my option format.

So -- why are semicolons being inserted?

...phsiii