[CMake] Debian source package build/install

Anders Wallin anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 12:39:09 EST 2012

Hi all,

For uploading to launchpad/PPA, I'm making a source-package with a
cmake-script I found by googling:
https://github.com/aewallin/opencamlib/blob/master/src/DebSourcePPA.cmake
(please do let me know if there is a better way to build a debian
source package with cmake!)

It seems to work, and the build completes, but the install fails:
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/90444102/buildlog_ubuntu-oneiric-i386.opencamlib_11.10.13-ubuntu1~oneiric1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz
(the error is at the very end of this file)

This error is reproducible on my local machine with pbuilder. The
debian rules call cmake_install.cmake like this:
cmake -DCOMPONENT=Unspecified -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../debian/tmp/usr
-P cmake_install.cmake

and line 44 of cmake_install.cmake that gives an error is
FILE(INSTALL DESTINATION "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages" TYPE
MODULE FILES "/tmp/buildd/opencamlib-11.10.13/build_dir/ocl.so")
the whole cmake_install.cmake file is here
http://pastebin.com/NS6wmHxa   I don't see how it uses
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX at all?

cmake_install.cmake is produced from my CMakeLists.txt like this:
execute_process(
    COMMAND python -c "from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib;
print get_python_lib()"
    OUTPUT_VARIABLE Python_site_packages
    OUTPUT_STRIP_TRAILING_WHITESPACE # on Ubuntu 11.10 this outputs:
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
)
    install(
        TARGETS ocl
        LIBRARY DESTINATION ${Python_site_packages}
    )

All of this works fine on a normal Ubuntu install, the install-failure
only shows up on launchpad and locally with pbuilder.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

thanks,
Anders