[CMake] Top level directory with component install

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 16:13:29 EST 2012

2011/4/27 Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>:
> 2011/4/27 Daniel Nelson <torham at connect2.com>:

>>> This was not intentional, this is not really a bug because the
>>> component splitting
>>> wasn't available before but you can file a bug and we'll discuss what to do.
>>>

>>> Which version of CMake are you using?
>>
>> I'm using 2.8.4 from debian.  Added an issue:
>> http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=12129
>>
>> If it will help I could probably prepare a patch this weekend.
>
> Off course, yes it will.
> Please attach it to the bug report I'll review it.
> Thanks.

Hi everybody I just reviewed the patch from Daniel and it seems fine to me
BUT including this would change the default cpack behavior for all
Archive Generators
(ZIP, TGZ, STGZ, TBZ2) when doing component install.

The "new" behavior is more consistent with the non-component behavior but
the two has been different since 2.8.4 so I'd like to know whether if
people are relying
on it or if we may change such default behavior which may be viewed as flawed...

Please have a look at:
and comment here.

I'd like to have feedback before pushing this to next.
Currently it is in stage/AddTopLevelForComponent.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org