[CMake] C/CXX/Fortran Compiler not found.

Kedar Moharana kedar.moharana at ugent.be
Wed Jan 11 05:55:32 EST 2012

Dear all,
  I am trying to build from a source code using CMAKE on Windows 7. I have
no prior experience in building from source code, so I need your help in
this regard.

The application requires following external dependencies with versions
mentioned or more advanced versions:

   - CMake-2.6 (build system)
   - Qt-4.4 (UI framework)
   - gcc-4.3 (C, C++ and Fortran compilers)

So I installed CMake 2.8.7 in C:\Program files\CMake 2.8 directory,
Qt-library-4.8.0 in the C:\Qt directory. For gcc-4.3, when I googled, I
found I can install MinGW and so I installed the latest version in C:\MinGW
directory.

When I am trying to build with CMAKE command, I am getting following error
message:
________________________________

The C compiler identification is unknown

The CXX compiler identification is unknown

The Fortran compiler identification is unknown

Check for working C compiler: bcc32

CMake Error: your C compiler: "bcc32" was not found. Please set
CMAKE_C_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed

Check for working C compiler: bcc32 -- broken

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:52 (MESSAGE):

The C compiler "bcc32" is not able to compile a simple test program.

 It fails with the following output:

    CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:2 (project)

 CMake Error: your C compiler: "bcc32" was not found. Please set
CMAKE_C_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.

CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "bcc32" was not found. Please set
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.

CMake Error: your Fortran compiler: "CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was
not found. Please set CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or
name.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

_________________________________

I am using the Windows native command prompt.

Can anyone tell me why these compilers are not detected? If I have to give
some path, then which files do I have to edit?

Thanks in advance for your suggestion.

Best wishes

Kedar Moharana
Research Scholar
Laboratory for Protein Biochemistry & Biomolecular Engineering (LProBE)
Ghent University,
9000 Ghent, Belgium