[CMake] Copying of 3rd party DLLs in a POST-BUILD step

Ben Medina ben.medina at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 15:17:28 EST 2012

I'd guess the performance of fixup_bundle will be a big pitfall if
you're planning on doing this after every build.

An entirely different approach is to configure a Visual Studio .user
file to set the PATH environment variable (not setting it globally;
just for debugging your app from within VS). You still have to track
which directories to add to the PATH, but this approach has worked
flawlessly for us (across multiple versions of VS, as well as 32- and
64-bit configs).