[CMake] cpack -G NSIS

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 12:52:16 EST 2012

2012/1/10 Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com>:
> Trying to run cpack on Linux (archlinux 64 bit) with a working makensis
> environment,

Which version of cmake/cpack are you using?
If not 2.8.7 could you try it? or even git master?
Did you compile it yourself?

Are you cross-compiling?
If this is the case may be you hit something similar to:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2011-December/048123.html

> I get the following error (and following stacktrace):
>
> [andrea at precision test_cmake]$ gdb cpack
> GNU gdb (GDB) 7.3.1
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
> <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
> and "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu".
> For bug reporting instructions, please see:
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
> Reading symbols from /usr/bin/cpack...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
> (gdb) run -G NSIS
> Starting program: /usr/bin/cpack -G NSIS
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
>  what():  basic_string::_S_construct null not valid

This means that we tried to construct an std::string using a NULL pointer.
May be you compile a debug version of cpack and go straight to the point
where it hurts.

having the precise line of this context would help:
 #9  0x000000000048a9f6 in cmCPackNSISGenerator::InitializeInternal() ()

> Any idea about what it could be?

Nope but if you have a small example which reproduce the issue
I may have a look into it.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org