[CMake] CPack output name using VS IDE

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 05:05:19 EST 2012

2012/1/10 Totte Karlsson <totte at dunescientific.com>:

>>> But when executing the PACKAGE target, from within VS IDE, the
>>> ${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE} does not seem to be set.
>>

>> VS IDE or XCode do not set this because they are able to handle
>> several config at once.
> yes.
>
>> You may try to use "CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR" instead.
>> See:
>>   cmake --help-variable CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR
>

> When executing the PACKAGE target from the IDE, that variable is evaluated
> $(Configuration)
>
> Still don't get how to get the actual 'configuration' string, i.e.
> Debug/Release etc, when executing the PACKAGE target in visual studio.

Ah...yes that's true.

The "problem" is that this variable [$(Configuration)] is evaluated
"at build time"
so that you cannot get a value at CMake-time (when CMake is running).

see:

"Since these values are evaluated by the native build system, this
 variable is suitable only for use in command lines that will be
 evaluated at build time."

Moreover I don't really know how to get that value when CPack is running....
(be it from PACKAGE or from command line). I guess one have to
pass the value from the command line (or internal tool call)
generated for the "PACKAGE" target.

You may probably hand-craft you own custom_command/target for that
but  don't know how to add this to the built-in "PACKAGE" target.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org