[CMake] Some issues with visual studio

Renato Utsch renatoutsch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 09:29:47 EST 2012

Hello, I have been experimenting some issue with visual studio and
couldn't fix them, even when searching in google for help :O

So, I have 2 main issues:

1. When CMake creates the visual studio solution, it configures to the
"Debug win32" mode, but I wanted to be able to choose from "Release"
to "Debug".
Changing the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to "Release" didn't seem to help...

2. I configured the EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH to ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}, but
when the Visual Studio build the executables, it put them in the
${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/Debug folder, but I want them in the
${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR} folder!

So, may anyone please help me? I couldn't find the solution to these
problems anywhere else! :X

Renato