[CMake] How not to copy a link

Kevin Burge kevin.burge at systemware.com
Fri Jan 6 11:30:15 EST 2012

I'm trying to copy a file that is a link to another file, but I want the
file to be copied, not the link itself.  Historically, I've resorted to
putting the real file as the source, and then using RENAME to rename the
file, which puts more detail into my install commands than I'd like.

Example:

where libfoo.so.1.0 -> libfoo.so.1.0.8:

i.e. instead of:

install (FILES libfoo.so.1.0.8 DESTINATION lib RENAME libfoo.so.1.0)

I'd like to just do:

install (FILES libfoo.so.1.0 DESTINATION lib)

I've had little success search the cmake source and documentation and
google.

Thanks,
Kevin