[CMake] Visual Studio Generator: Unable to show property page for custom build tool

Michael Guerrero insominx at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 16:30:33 EST 2012

Hi, I’ve been experimenting with using Visual Studio’s “Custom Build Tool” per cpp file to perform some specialized operations.  However, the property page is not visible (not editable) when I generate a project with cmake.  To see what this looks like, see here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msbuild/thread/496e301c-de2e-49bf-bbfa-ea8de335a0a5 .

To reproduce:
1)Generate a c++ project for visual studio (I’m using vs2010)
2)Right click a .cpp file in the solution and go to properties
3)Under Configuration Properties/General, change “Item Type” to “Custom Build Tool”
4)Click Apply
5)Select Configuration Properties / Custom Build Tool / General

I’ve attempted to hand edit the solution and project files to determine what is causing this but nothing I removed seemed to have any affect.

Any ideas on how to fix this or where to look?

Michael Guerrero
Programmer at Delta3D
Research Associate, MOVES Institute, Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, CA