[CMake] smarter shortcuts with NSIS

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 10:52:20 EST 2012

On 02/28/2012 03:42 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:

>> At worst is there a way to just create my own .nsi file and use it directly?
>> I need to create a page which simply asks for a directory to the user, and
>> then use that to create a shortcut..
>>
>> Any idea (also other solutions might be fine).
> 1) Copy the current NSIS.template.in in your project.
>      and update it the way you like.
>
> 2) update CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
>      list(APPEND CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/packaging)
>
>      in order to make your NSIS.template.in in the CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
>      (you can even use CPACK_MODULE_PATH)
>
> 3) run-rerun packaging an dmake sure that cpack is using your projevtc specific
>      NSIS.template.in

Ok thanks that's probably the best solution.
So if I understand correctly this is more or less the same as writing my
own nsi file,
run configure_file on it and then add a create_custom_target for
packaging, is that right?

I will then probably write the file from scratch, trying to understand
what it does, because
the template is quite mysterious at the moment..