[CMake] smarter shortcuts with NSIS

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 09:37:49 EST 2012

Alright moving the include after did the trick, I get my code in the
final nsi file, as below:

set(CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_INSTALL_COMMANDS "
     PageEx directory
       DirVar PythonDir
     PageExEnd

     CreateShortCut \\\"$DESKTOP\\\\${PROJECT_NAME}.lnk\\\"
\\\"$INSTDIR\\\\built_egg\\\\run.exe\\\" \"$PythonDir\\\\pythonw.exe\"
\"\" \"\" \".$INSTDIR\" \"Run project ${PROJECT_NAME}\"
")

The problem is that it fails for this reason:
Error: command PageEx not valid in Section

which makes sense, but is there a way to avoid that PageEx to end up in
a section at all?
Is that the only way to inject NSIS code?

At worst is there a way to just create my own .nsi file and use it directly?
I need to create a page which simply asks for a directory to the user,
and then use that to create
a shortcut..

Any idea (also other solutions might be fine).