[CMake] smarter shortcuts with NSIS

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 12:51:01 EST 2012

2012/2/27 John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>:
>> Ah yes you're right, last time I checked I didn't see them..
>> Anyway my extra_commands don't appear anywhere in the nsi file, is that
>> normal?

No i'ts not.
Did you set(CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_INSTALL_COMMANDS ...)

BEFORE

include(CPack) ?

The process is relatively simple.

0) Your CPACK_xxx vars are set and processed by the inclusion
    of CPack.cmake (the include(CPack) of your CMakeLists.txt)

1) CPack NSIS generator "configures" the  NSIS.template.in
    file by replacing occurences of CPACK_NSIS_... specific vars in there.

2) makensis is launched using the generated project.nsi

CPack private installation of your project in a _CPackPackage subdir
is done somewhere between 0) and 1).

You need awkward extra escape in CPACK_NSIS_xxx because of the double
CMake script processing 0) and 1).

Is it clearer?
--
Erk