[CMake] simplest possible NSIS package

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 11:18:26 EST 2012

2012/2/23 Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com>:
> On 02/23/2012 04:48 PM, John Drescher wrote:
>>>
>>> Just to make you laugh I found the source of the problem.
>>> Apparently if you try to run an installer from a directory which is on a
>>> shared directory (with the virtualbox
>>> sharing) it just won't run :D
>>>
>>> Copying it somewhere else works perfectly, quite amazing issue.
>>>
>> Thanks for reporting back. That was very puzzling to me since my NSIS
>> builds have worked for a long time.
>>
>> John
>

> My pleasure, I would have never thought of something so stupid actually :/
> But is it true that NSIS is quite a dead project?
> The last version is from 2009 as far as I can see..
> Are there plans to support other package managers for windows?

WiX has been proposed (including a patch)
I think the bug has been "backloged" because of lack of manpower to work on it
and the lack of test in the proposed patch.

May be you can try to resume this work?
I may help for understanding CPack internals, but I may not be of great
help for testing since I'm not using Windows very often.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org