[CMake] simplest possible NSIS package

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 09:32:04 EST 2012

So I'm still struggling to get an actual installer.
I copied almost the same example from the book:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)
project (Prova)

add_executable(prova a.c)
install(
   TARGETS prova RUNTIME DESTINATION bin
   )

include(CPack)

cmake does all its job, the package is created without errors with
cpack -G NSIS
or make package

but then windows complain that the file doesn't exist, even if it
actually does and it's not empty.

Now I wonder, are there any compulsory variables for NSIS to get this
working?

And if yes I even tried to run it with --warn-unitialized and it doesn't
say anything, shouldn't it warn
me if I'm trying to use NSIS and I didn't initialize any of the useful
variables?

Thanks,
Andrea