[CMake] symbolic links

Steven Wilson steven.wesley.wilson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:49:12 EST 2012

I have a large software system that depends on third party libraries.   The
CMake system that builds this software uses install() to copy these
libraries into the appropriate place in the layout.   On some systems I
would like to provide my developers with the option of not copying these
libraries and instead creating symbolic links to the libraries in the
software layout.   Using symbolic links would save a great deal of disk
space for developers when they have many different versions(debug, profile,
etc...) of the software build system.    Is there a way to create symbolic
links to files rather than copy files at install time?

Thanks in advance,

Steve