[CMake] Under Visual Studio , allow developers to hit "F7" to run the INSTALL target

david_bjornbak at agilent.com david_bjornbak at agilent.com
Wed Feb 8 11:14:06 EST 2012

I've tried similar techniques with ADD_DEPENDENCIES to ALL_BUILD and the trouble with this,  within a single project these targets are not generated yet and you would have to change CMake's C++ code to change this type of behavior.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:231 (set_target_properties):
  set_target_properties Can not find target to add properties to: INSTALL

You might be able to export the target but, I don't believe you can export and import INSTALL and ALL_BUILD targets in a reasonable manner.

++David->Bjornbak;