[CMake] Install selected|group of targets

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 04:52:26 EST 2012

2012/2/2 Joakim Hove <joakim.hove at gmail.com>:

>> I implemented the "make install-foo" feature some time ago, but didn't
>> find the time to write the required tests, so it never got merged into
>> CMake:
>>

> OK - I have never looked at the CMake source code, and am in general quite
> rusty in C++ - but in my opinion this would have been a very valuable
> addition to CMake.

You can add yourself in the monitoring list of the feature request:
http://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=10531
and comment in there.

I suggested an alternative to Michael proposal, which may lead to a
simpler implementation.
but will replace

make install-foo
by
make COMPONENT=foo install

That said as Michael noted in the report, the feature is missing a test case,
may be you can work on providing a simple test case for that.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org