[CMake] Mercurial support for ExternalProject

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Feb 1 08:37:21 EST 2012

ExternalProject is completely customizable regardless of the built-in
support for various version control systems.

Right now, ExternalProject has built-in support for cvs, svn and git.
hg and bzr are supported in ctest (for ctest_update purposes), but to
the best of my knowledge there is nobody working on mercurial or bar
support for ExternalProject now or in the near future.

Your best bet is to use the customization features of ExternalProject
to provide appropriate DOWNLOAD_COMMAND and UPDATE_COMMAND arguments
for mercurial. If it works simply enough, you could consider sending a
patch to ExternalProject to add the built-in support for hg.

HTH,
David