[CMake] How to use CMAKE_POLICY?

Marcel Loose loose at astron.nl
Thu Dec 20 02:56:47 EST 2012

On 19/12/12 16:21, David Cole wrote:
> No need for specific examples. Just wanted to understand the context
> better.
>
> One good way to avoid this warning would be to get your Find* script
> changes into CMake itself, and then eliminate your need for the custom
> copies of them when using a new-enough CMake.
>
> Is it feasible for you to propose a patch series that fixes the
> problems you speak of in the Find* modules, or are they controversial
> or somehow non-public, and you can't do that...?

It depends. Some changes are generic enough, I think. Others are
probably too specific for my use cases. To make things a bit more
concrete, I wrapped four Find modules: BLAS, Boost, JNI, and LAPACK.

The BLAS and LAPACK changes are closely related and fix a problem with
setting the Fortran compiler if it hasn't been set yet. The changes for
JNI are only needed for older versions of CMake. Finally, the changes I
made for Boost are probably the most controversial and likely not
generic enough. For one thing I define all uppercase variables for all
the relevant Boost-variables that are set.

Should I file an issue in Mantis for BLAS and LAPACK?

Best regards,
Marcel Loose.