[CMake] FindXXX capitalization recommendation for new modules

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 14:33:32 EDT 2012

On 31/08/12 17:59, David Cole wrote:
> The best thing is to not write new find modules...
>
> Rather, have the project itself provide a project/package config file
> that CMake's find_package can find without a find module.
>
> Do you have to write a new find module? What package is it for?

Actually I don't have to write a new one, but I'm trying to clean up the
mess with the Find modules used in Yarp [1] (You can find the modules
here[2]). Our idea is to clean them following the guidelines, remove the
duplicates and eventually contribute and maintain them upstream...
We don't have many compatibility issues, so we are trying to do it
properly...

Cheers,
  Daniele

[1]http://eris.liralab.it/yarp/