[CMake] Fwd: source_group(), Xcode projects

James Turner james.turner at kdab.com
Fri Aug 31 08:44:44 EDT 2012

[Cmake 2.8,9, Xcode 4.4]

Based on comments here, the Wiki, the manual, and many other places, I have the impression that source_group() should 'just work' with Xcode. But my experience is that no matter what I do, CMake acts as if I didn't write the source_group command at all - everything ends up in 'Source' and 'Headers' groups under each target in the project.

I'm guessing I am doing something dumb, but I'm at a loss to explain what.

Key things:

   - does the relative order of the source_group() and targets matter? I.e should I be ensuring source_group commands appear after the source/headers are added to a target?

   - file names; my impression is that source_group() is working on the file name only, not the full path. In my project most of the source files are collected from other directories and added to the target with a relative path (eg, ../SomeDir/somefile.cxx). I've tried both the full path and simply 'somefile.cxx' after the FILES in source_group(), to no avail.

Can anyone suggest some other experiments to try, to figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
James