[CMake] Setting CTEST_BUILD_NAME from cmake config

Michele Dolfi dolfimeth at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 09:01:38 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I started using CMake, CTest and CDash, with the simple targets Nightly,
Continuous and Experimental: it works very well.
Now I would like to divide my project in subproject, so that a failure in
compiling one small test is not affecting the full dashboard report. I read
that ctest driver files are the way to go.

I quickly realized that include(CTest) was automatically setting many
variables that are not there in a ctest driver script, i.e. CTEST_SITE,
CTEST_BUILD_NAME. Specially for the latter one, I go used to tune the
default naming, by looking at my cmake options and some library info (e.g.
Boost version).

In the ctest script I use ctest_empty_binary_directory(), and I create a
basic CMakeCache.txt to start the ctest_configure() afterwards. How can I
read cmake options before ctest_start() (at this point I need BUILDNAME to
be set!).

Thanks a lot,
Michele