[CMake] CMAKE 2.8.9 not observing CMAKE_FILES_DIRECTORY?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 05:03:12 EDT 2012

2012/8/24 Jason T. Slack-Moehrle <slackmoehrle at gmail.com>:
> Hello
>
> OS X 10.8, CMAKE 2.8.9.
>
> In CMAKE 2.8.9 it seems that CMAKE_FILES_DIRECTORY
>
> SET( PROJECT_BINARY_DIR "." )
> SET( CMAKE_FILES_DIRECTORY  ${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/output/CMakeFiles )
> SET( EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH ${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/bin )
>
> I dont see an 'output/CMakeFiles' created but I do see a 'bin' where
> my executable is put.

What makes you think that "PROJECT_BINARY_DIR" or
"CMAKE_FILES_DIRECTORY" may be modified?

AFAIK those are read-only variable setup by CMake itself.

i.e.:
cmake --help-variable PROJECT_BINARY_DIR
PROJECT_BINARY_DIR
       Full path to build directory for project.

       This is the binary directory of the most recent PROJECT command.

CMAKE_FILES_DIRECTORY, is not documented at all and
since it's define in void cmMakefile::AddDefaultDefinitions()
I doubt it was meant to be user-modified.

Did you manage to do that with any CMake version before 2.8.9 ?
If yes which one(s)?

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org