[CMake] cmake-gui's separation between configuration & generation

Keith Gardner kgardner at zebraimaging.com
Thu Aug 23 16:03:43 EDT 2012

Hi,

Even if the Linux environment does not have a GUI, you can use ccmake.  It is like the cmake-gui but runs inside a terminal window.  I use this all the time on Windows through putty.

As for clicking generate, with the latest version of CMake, you can click generate without clicking configure and you have the behavior of cmake CLI.  At my company, we have many CMake options and need to configure multiple times, even on Linux.