[CMake] cmake 2.8.8 doesn't create vfproj for Visual Studio 10

DonRobinson drobinson at essa.com
Fri Aug 17 21:19:15 EDT 2012

Disclaimer - I'm just learning cmake. I read as much as I could before
posting.

I am attempting to use Cmake 2.8.8 to create a to create a VS2010 SLN file.
I have MS Visual Studio 10, Intel Fortran XE 12.1.2.278 and MSVC
16.00.40219.01 all installed and work for other mixed language solutions
(SLN files) created "by hand." Intermediate tests run internally by cmake
appear to succeed and TryCompile executables are built.

My listing of source files contains a mix of over 500 .f, .F77, .c and .h
files. When the SLN file is created all files are incorporated into one
project (vcxproj), and all .f files are treated as non-compilable. From a
read of various posts I think that */some /*developers have been able to
combine all source code into a single project file that will compile. I
haven't been able to do this!

I welcome any advice (possibly even example CMakeLists.txt files) or URLs
about how to proceed. I'm quite stuck at this point.

My experience with working with hand-built SLN files created from with the
VS2010 environment has been to keep .c code in separate C language projects
which compile to LIB files that are linked. The .f code (the bulk of the
code) is compiled separately and the LIB and OBJ files are combined at link
time.