[CMake] Ninja on windows ( latest ninja from git, cmake 2.8.9 )

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Aug 15 16:36:23 EDT 2012

On 8/15/2012 2:48 PM, Malfettone, Kris wrote:
> So I think I found the issue. When the include directories are
specified via the network path ( \\machine\dir\ ) vs. a drive letter (
N:\dir ) ninja always thinks they are out of date. This is a pretty big
hurdle for us since our toolchain files can be mapped to different
drives for different users so our builds reference the network paths.

> This seems like a bug in ninja, but it could also be a problem with
the Windows APIs used to get the information. Any thoughts?

If you could create a really small example of this and then send the
binary tree to me that would be helpful.  It might be cmake might be
ninja...

-Bill